X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mg to ml

I have to give my dog Benadryl and don't have the capsules but do have the liquid form. I do not know how to convert what he needs. The vet said he needs 75 mg (3 - 25 mg pills). How many mL would that be on my syringe for the liquid form? Thank you!!

Re: mg to ml

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have to give my dog Benadryl and don't have the capsules but do have the liquid form. I do not know how to convert what he needs. The vet said he needs 75 mg (3 - 25 mg pills). How many mL would that be on my syringe for the liquid form? Thank you!!
    The liquid form is not 100% active ingredient. The active ingredient can be mixed with different amounts of buffer solution.

Look for a "strength statement" on the bottle that indicates how many milligrams are in each milliliter or cubic centimeter. Without that info, there is no way to help you.

Comment

Thank you! After looking on the bottle I found what a child dose is and it says 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls 12.5 mg to 25 mg. So now I get it!! Appreciate your time.. glad I found this site!
      Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        Thank you! After looking on the bottle I found what a child dose is and it says 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls 12.5 mg to 25 mg. So now I get it!! Appreciate your time.. glad I found this site!
        Lynn
        A teaspoon is 5 mL, so it is 2.5 mg/mL. If you need to give 75 mg, that is 30 mL (about an ounce). Not sure if the dog will take all that at once.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS
          A teaspoon is 5 mL, so it is 2.5 mg/mL. If you need to give 75 mg, that is 30 mL (about an ounce). Not sure if the dog will take all that at once.
          :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
          If the dog is three times as big as a (big) child, then it is a HUGE dog

It won't even notice 30mL, the anti-inflamatry tastes good, and doggy doesn't care anyway, it is all FOOD.

Comment

Working...
          X