X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 ml to teaspoons

I have to treat a 10 gallon fish tank and the directions have 5 ml to 90 gallons of water. How much do I need to put in 10 gallons of water?

Re: 5 ml to teaspoons

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have to treat a 10 gallon fish tank and the directions have 5 ml to 90 gallons of water. How much do I need to put in 10 gallons of water?
    5 mL = 1 teaspoon. However, be sure you are using a teaspoon from a measuring spoon set (the capacity will be marked). The spoon called a teaspoon from a flatware set may not be an accurate size.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Hi, if you want to treat 10 gallons rather than 90gallons, you might be better to use a dropper.

5mL x 10/90 = 0.56mL

There are about 20 drops in one mL, so you could carefully use 11 drops. Hope this helps.

Comment

A usual shot glass is an ounce. 5ml = .16 of a shot glass.

Comment

How many teaspoons in a ml

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            How many teaspoons in a ml
            About 1/5. 5 mL = 1 tsp approx.

Comment

1/10 tsp per 10 gallons / Re: 5 ml to teaspoons

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              0.5 mL for 10 gallons. (90/9 = 10) and (5 mL/9 = 0.555...). Not 1/2 teaspoon but 0.5 mL.
              1 Tsp = 5 mL and again just happens to be ten 0.5's in 5 mL so divide 1 tsp by 10 =

1/10 teaspoon in 10 gallons

If I messed that up (even though all 10's LOL), please anybody let me know, but I did it in my head then slowly here so think it's correct.

Comment

Working...
              X