Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert from cubic meter to kilowatt hour

Hi,

I have a real problem... to convert gas... and i couldn't find this convertion in your website...

I need to convert cubic meter in kilowatt hour...

please help me....

thank you

Re: convert from cubic meter to kilowatt hour

Originally posted by clobr View Post
    Hi,

I have a real problem... to convert gas... and i couldn't find this convertion in your website...

I need to convert cubic meter in kilowatt hour...

please help me....

thank you
    It is not strictly a conversion as the heat content of natural gas varies with the chemical composition. It is mostly methane, but the traces of propane, butane, and other gases affect heat content. Using a DoE typical figure of 1089 BTU/ft³ and converting, it is about 40.5 MJ/m³

As 1 kWh = 3.6 MJ, this is about 11.3 kWh per cubic meter.

Comment

convert from hcf to kilowatt hour

thank you for your fast answer!!

by the way, are you aware about a conversion, for gas again, between the hcf (I don't know what it is, I suppose it is Hundred Cubic Feet, but it seems strange to measure gas, normally it's to measure liquid such as water, it normally corresponds to 748 gallons), so between hcf and kWh.
      someone told that the conversion factor was about 1.022640 but I don't know if it's true, nor how I can use it...

please help me again.... thank you

clobr

Comment

Re: convert from hcf to kilowatt hour

Originally posted by Clobr View Post
        thank you for your fast answer!!

by the way, are you aware about a conversion, for gas again, between the hcf (I don't know what it is, I suppose it is Hundred Cubic Feet, but it seems strange to measure gas, normally it's to measure liquid such as water, it normally corresponds to 748 gallons), so between hcf and kWh.
        someone told that the conversion factor was about 1.022640 but I don't know if it's true, nor how I can use it...

please help me again.... thank you

clobr
        Using the same 1089 BTU/ft³ figure as above, that is 1.149 MJ/ft³ or 114.9 MJ/CCF (We use CCF for hundred cubic feet here). Converting both to kWh (3.6 MJ/kWh), that is 0.319 kWh/ft³ or 31.9 kWh/CCF.

Comment

how to convert cubic meter of water to gallons per minute

i just want to ask if you can directly convert a given cubic meter of water to gallons per minute.....

Thanks,
          Marlou

Comment

Re: how to convert cubic meter of water to gallons per minute

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            i just want to ask if you can directly convert a given cubic meter of water to gallons per minute.....

Thanks,
            Marlou
            No, because one is flow and the other volume.

A one cubic meter tank of water will just sit there, with no flow at all. If there is a hole in the tank, it will flow over some period of time (hard to solve for) and soon you won't have a cubic meter of water any more.

A cubic meter of water is about 264.2 (US) gallons. You can convert one volume unit to another.

Comment

Working...
            X