• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• square inch to cubic foot

how do i square inch to cubic foot ?

Thanks

Re: square inch to cubic foot

Can you provide more information as to what you are trying to do?

If this was a rectangular box,
    square inches * height in inches = cubic inches
    cubic inches / 1728 = cubic foot

Comment

Its Volume Of Boxes I Have H X W X D = Sq Inches And I Need To Convert This To Cubic Foot Or Have I Got The First Bit All Wrong Too ?

Comment

Say A Box Size Of 16"x7"x23" = 2576 Sq In If I Devide This By 1728 Is That Cubic Foot ?

Comment

volume = length * width * height

16 inches * 7 inches * 23 inches = 2576 cubic inches

You were on the right track, you just called it square inches when it was cubic inches.

2576 cubic inches / 1728 = 1.49 cubic feet

I would call it 1.5 cubic feet.

Comment

If you wanted to do it yourself online....

First here is a calculator for the volume of a rectangular box:
            http://www.onlineconversion.com/object_volume_box.htm

That would give you the cubic inches, then use the Volume conversion page to convert cubic inches to cubic feet:
            http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm

Comment

Determining Pressure Based off Density

I am trying to calculate how much psi of air i would need in order to make a aluminum pipe float in a pool. I determined how much flotation is needed using pipe insulators that are measured in pounds per cubic foot. Is there anyway to convert pounds per cubic foot to pounds per square inch? So based off the density of the foam can i determine how much pressure is equivalent?

Comment

Re: Determining Pressure Based off Density

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I am trying to calculate how much psi of air i would need in order to make a aluminum pipe float in a pool. I determined how much flotation is needed using pipe insulators that are measured in pounds per cubic foot. Is there anyway to convert pounds per cubic foot to pounds per square inch? So based off the density of the foam can i determine how much pressure is equivalent?
                What you need to do is exclude water from the inside. If the pipe is sealed, you don't need any pressure inside, although if it has TINY leaks, some pressure inside will delay water intrusion through the leaks.

Air has weight and the more air you compress inside the pipe, the more it will weigh (although the change is relatively small).

Assuming you prevent water intrusion, it will float if it weighs less than the water it displaces (based on the gross or exterior volume of the sealed pipe.) Since aluminum is heavier than water, there has to be a large enough interior space filled with air or something light to average out.

In inflatable water toys, air pressure is important because it forces the toy into shape and establishes the sealed volume.

Comment

I am trying to convert inches of a box to cubic feet Example: 18"x18"x24"= cubic ft.
                  is this possible?

Comment

I am trying to convert inches of a box to cubic feet Example: 18"x18"x24"= cubic ft.
                    is this possible?
                    Sure. Two ways tyo do it (I prefer the 1st)

1) 1 ft = 12 in. Convert all measurements to feet and multiply
                    1.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 2 ft = 4.5 ft³

2) Multiply the inches 7776 in³
                    There are 1728 (12³) in³ in 1 ft³, divide by 1728, get 4.5 ft³

Comment

MY ASSIGNMENT IS:
                      IF 1 1/3 OF AN INCH OF RAIN FALLS ON AN ACRE OF LAND HOW MANY GALLONS OF WATER FALL ON THE LAND AND HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH ??????

So far it all balls down to this equation: (had to put it in fractions because 1/3 does'nt had and even decimal)
                      3.6534/1 x 80/1 x 4/3 =? 2090880/3 sq. in

but i need to know how much this is in gallons

Comment

MY ASSIGNMENT IS:
                        IF 1 1/3 OF AN INCH OF RAIN FALLS ON AN ACRE OF LAND HOW MANY GALLONS OF WATER FALL ON THE LAND AND HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH ??????

So far it all balls down to this equation: (had to put it in fractions because 1/3 does'nt had and even decimal)
                        3.6534/1 x 80/1 x 4/3 =? 2090880/3 sq. in

but i need to know how much this is in gallons
                        A gallon (more specifically, a US gallon, Imperial gallons are different) is 231 in³.

However, go back and review your calculations. An acre is 43560 ft² and 1 ft² = 144 in². I think you have 8 363 520 in³ of water or 36205.7 gallons of water.

Comment

hi umm r u sure that is the rite answer???? and can u xplain hw u gt that plz

Comment

Originally posted by heyypplz View Post
                            hi umm r u sure that is the rite answer???? and can u xplain hw u gt that plz
                            43560 ft² x 144 in²/ft² x (4/3) in x 1 gallon/231 in³ = 36205.7 gallons

Comment

Thank you for your explanation for the square inch into cubic foot. i wasn't understanding it at all this morning and i couldn't find answers online that explained it in layman's terms. i needed it simply put and your explanation along with the two conversion calculators which i used to help me see how the answers came about were very helpful to me.
                              So thanks again you made my day alot easier!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X