X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting liters to pounds!

Hi-I need some major help! I need to convert 2912 liters to pounds for a work thing.....and I can't figure it out!
    help!

Re: Converting liters to pounds!

That depends on the substance.

If its water, 1 liter weighs about 1 kilogram. 2912 liters would be about 2912 kilograms.

Though that is only for water, any other substance will not be the same as it depends on the density.

Comment

[Convert 16 liters to pounds

Comment

1 kg = 2.2 lbs
        1 liter = 2.2 lbs
        1 liter = about .25 gallons
        1 gallon = 8 lbs

so 16 liters is 35.2 lbs

Comment

so if i wanted to convert 82,678 pounds of a substance with a density of 0.916 g/mL to litres, what would the answer be? 40,942 litres?

Comment

A little bit less than that actually.

To convert 82,678 lbs into liters you must first convert pounds into grams.

1 kg=2.2 lbs
            1 kg=1000 g

So, if you divide 82,678/2.2 and multiply this answer by 1000 you get the number of grams.

The next step is to convert the number of grams into milliliters by using the known density. To do this, use the answer from above and divide it by the density. This will give you the number of milliliters you have. This answer can be divided by 1000 in order to give you the number of liters you have.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              convert 35pounds of cooking oil to litresl

Comment

Convert 2600 liters to pounds

Comment

I suspect you are talking about aviation fuel because U.S. pilots and Airlines often use pounds as the measurement and others have converted over to liters. Av gas weighs 6.02 pounds per gallon which equals 1.60 pounds per liter.

Comment

I need to convert 520 lbs to liters. can u help?

Comment

well i wanted to find out too!!ty ppl!

Comment

please help me know how to convert 20 liters to pound..Thank You

Comment

please help me know how to convert 20 liters to pound..Thank You

Identify the material, and find its density. Multiply by density to get mass in kilograms. Convert kilograms top pounds.

Comment

Acually the correct amount is not avalible because, pounds is weight and liters is volume.

So you can not do it, unless you are a mad scientist. Which i highly doubt. And if you are you would not be asking us. Think about THAT! And i AM NOT a smart alec. I am probably cooler than all of you nerds who are posting on this who know "EVERYTHING"! And if you get mad here is my email--- so not going to happen. Because i dont want a bunch of geeks looking me up 'cause i know they are nerds and know how to do alsmost everything or ruining my record with my bff!! GET A LIFE AND GO OUT WITH A GIRL FRIEND (if you can find one!!)

Comment

Originally posted by lilly age 19 View Post
                              Acually the correct amount is not avalible because, pounds is weight and liters is volume.

So you can not do it, unless you are a mad scientist. Which i highly doubt. GET A LIFE AND GO OUT WITH A GIRL FRIEND (if you can find one!!)
                              I probably am a mad scientist in your view, and i don't swing that way, but thanks for your opinion.

Wishiing you all the best with your future, and sincerely hoping you are not going into public relations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                              Working...
                              X