X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liquid caustic soda conversion

I need to convert a price per dry ton of liquid caustic soda to a price per gallon of liquid caustic soda. How would i do this?

For example: my customer is quoted a price for Liquid caustic soda of $390/dry ton. He wants the price as a price per gallon. How do i do this?

Re: liquid caustic soda conversion

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I need to convert a price per dry ton of liquid caustic soda to a price per gallon of liquid caustic soda. How would i do this?

For example: my customer is quoted a price for Liquid caustic soda of $390/dry ton. He wants the price as a price per gallon. How do i do this?
    You would have to know the density of the solution and the percent by weight concentration of caustic soda. The two together would let you calculate the equivalent dry weight of caustic soda in a gallon of solution. The density (and volume) would be a function of temperature; you'd have to agree on a standard temperature reference.

Comment

hello !

I also have a problem of Liquid Caustic Soda-50% , I do not understand the meaning of DMT ?

Did you know ?

Thanks !

Comment

hello !

I also have a problem of Liquid Caustic Soda-50% , I do not understand the meaning of DMT ?

Did you know ?

Thanks !
        It stands for dry metric ton (or tonne). If you bought 2 t of the liquid 50% solution, it would contain 2 x 0.5 = 1 t of caustic soda, dry weight. It is a way of comparing pricing on different strength solutions.

I found it explicitly defined here:
        http://www.icis.com/v2/chemicals/907...a/pricing.html
        In the US, you may also encounter DST which is dry short ton (2000 lb)

Comment

how to gram per liter of 50 baume liquid caustic and how to density.

Comment

I HAVE 994.124 LMT OF CAUSTIC SODA, WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT IN DMT.
            Can reply to david.odongo@pwani.net

Comment

I HAVE 253.300 DMT OF CAUSTIC SODA, WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT IN LMT.
              Can reply to [link removed]

Comment

12.74 is the conversion factor. I am a professional chemical salesman with a degree in Chemistry. Thomas Crane, Harcros

Comment

12.74 is the conversion factor. I am a professional chemical salesman with a degree in Chemistry. Thomas Crane, Harcros
                  Hi, i believe you about the Chemistry degree, as you forgot to say what you are converting from and too, and whether you divide or multiply. If you look through the posts, this is typical of the way chemists and engineers (and computer geeks) "communicate", we forget that no-one else can see what's in our heads.

In this one thread, we have been asked the following:

liquid caustic soda conversion
                  hello !
                  Did you know ?
                  Thanks !
                  how to gram per liter of 50 baume liquid caustic and how to density.
                  I HAVE 994.124 LMT OF CAUSTIC SODA, WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT IN DMT.
                  Can reply to ......
                  I HAVE 253.300 DMT OF CAUSTIC SODA, WHAT IS THE EQUIVALENT IN LMT.
                  Can reply to ......
                  Please could you post back and clarify which particular conversion you are refering to? - It makes it more helpful if you write down your working for us as well.

Thanks heaps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                  Working...
                  X