Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsm calculate

sir,
    please solve my problem and give formulla to calculate gsm of fabric if i know count and construction
    2/20x2/20 40x36 cotton flex- how can we calculate gsm 48"?

Re: gsm calculate

Originally posted by vikram singh rathore View Post
    sir,
    please solve my problem and give formulla to calculate gsm of fabric if i know count and construction
    can u do answer for me

Comment

no bodies is ther

Comment

I don't know if there is a formula that calculates it with sufficient accuracy. If there is, I don't know it. It would be easier to just weigh a finished piece of known area. DFetermine weight in grams, divide by area in square meters.

Comment

Count & construction

sir,

Sir,

How do calculate count & construction of woven fabric.

Comment

(warp ct/ EPI + weft ct/ PPI)*25.14 = gsm

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              (warp ct/ epi + weft ct/ ppi)*25.14 = gsm
              how do we derive constant 25.14?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                how do we derive constant 25.14?
                I found two formulas here.
                http://www.onlineclothingstudy.com/2...en-fabric.html

Fabric GSM = (EPI/warp count + PPI/Weft count) x (100+crimp %) X 0.2327

and this one:
                Fabric GSM= ((EPI/warp count X 1.1) + (PPI/weft count x 1.04)) x 23.5

Notice that for a source they use this website. Normally that is fine but it points to a forum post so its only as accurate as the original poster.
                http://forum.onlineconversion.com/ar...hp?t-7064.html

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt View Post
                  I found two formulas here.
                  http://www.onlineclothingstudy.com/2...en-fabric.html

Fabric GSM = (EPI/warp count + PPI/Weft count) x (100+crimp %) X 0.2327

and this one:
                  Fabric GSM= ((EPI/warp count X 1.1) + (PPI/weft count x 1.04)) x 23.5

Notice that for a source they use this website. Normally that is fine but it points to a forum post so its only as accurate as the original poster.
                  http://forum.onlineconversion.com/ar...hp?t-7064.html
                  I think the formula is reasonable as I can "almost" derive it from basic principles.

In a square meter of cloth, 1 m on each side, the total numbers of ends and picks is the EPI and PPI divided by 0.0254 m/in.

Because of the over and under-weaving, the threads in each direction have to be slightly over 1 m in length. I am assuming that the 1.1 and 1.04 factors are experiential factors that make this correction. Therefore 1.1*EPI/0.0254 and 1.04*PPI/0.0254 give us the total length of thread in each direction in meters.

For cotton, a warp or weft count of n means that 840 yd of thread weighs (1/n) pounds. To convert this to g/m, multiply by 453.59237 g/lb, divide by 840 yd, and divide by 0.9144 m/yd.

All of these conversion factors may be moved outside the parentheses, resulting in
                  453.59237/(0.0254 * 0.9144 * 840) = 23.25.

The first formula uses the corrections as a percent, if they were a decimal fraction, the constant would be 23.27. The 2nd formula uses 23.5. I believe the correct constant is 23.25 based on conversion, but any minor errors may be covered up by adjusting the two correction factors.

Comment

sir,
                    (40 + 36 ) / 10 x 100 x 0.2327 = 177 gsm

Comment

Working...
                    X