Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting ng/ML to pmol/L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: converting ng/ML to pmol/L

    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi John. You seem to be a real maths genius. My AMH hormone level was 6.2pmol. Would you mind converting this to ng/ml - my head can't get round the numbers! Many thanks in advance
    You may want to go back and read posts #2-#4 for background. I assume you mean 6.2 pmol/L

    6.2 pmol/L x 140 kg/mol x 1 L/1000 mL = 0.87 ng/mL

    To all: The key to converting between grams and moles is knowing the molar mass, which is substance-specific. If you don't know the molar mass, please specify the substance as completely as possible. Unless I can find its molar mass (or chemical formula) in a Google search, there is no way to help.

    Comment


    • #32
      Hi JohnS I'm just discovering this thread, looking to convert the same substance as mentioned above (AMH) from pmol/L to ng/mL! I need to convert 61.8pmol/L to ng/mL. I've tried using your formula, but I can barely grasp the concept of Pythagoras, this is far beyond my capability! I would be eternally grateful if you could possibly give me a hand! Thanks in advance.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Hi JohnS I'm just discovering this thread, looking to convert the same substance as mentioned above (AMH) from pmol/L to ng/mL! I need to convert 61.8pmol/L to ng/mL. I've tried using your formula, but I can barely grasp the concept of Pythagoras, this is far beyond my capability! I would be eternally grateful if you could possibly give me a hand! Thanks in advance.
        Lets break it into two separate steps. To convert between amount of substance (moles) and mass (grams) you need the molar mass which is specific to the substance. For AMH it is 140 kg/mol. If you are not familiar with metric prefixes and comfortable manipulating them, perhaps it is better to replace with the power of ten the prefix stands for.

        61.8 pmol/L x 140 kg/mol becomes
        61.8 x 10-12 mol/L x 140 x 103 g/mol
        the mol in the numerator and denominator cancel out giving
        8652 x 10-9 g/L


        but you want amount per milliliter and 1000 mL = 1 L
        8652 x 10-9 g/L x 1 L/1000 mL = 8.652 x 10-9 g/mL
        but the prefix nano- means 10-9 and may be substituted for it, so 8.652 ng/mL

        Comment


        • #34
          Hi John.

          can you help me as well. I am unsure what to add and what to divide.

          I need to convert the same substance as the other posters AMH.

          i want to convert 8.8 pmol/L to Ng/ml

          thank you.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Hi John.

            can you help me as well. I am unsure what to add and what to divide.

            I need to convert the same substance as the other posters AMH.

            i want to convert 8.8 pmol/L to Ng/ml

            thank you.
            8.8 pmol/L x 140 kg/mol x 1L/1000 mL = 1.23 ng/mL. --JohnS

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm not terrible at math but this doesn't look like math to me... What language is this?

              I am also looking to convert AMH levels
              from Ng/ml to pmol/L

              If there is anyone who understands this since I am soooo confused even after trying to read the directions please help!

              I'm trying to convert 1.33 ng/ml to pmol/l

              Thanx in advance!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Little Blue Birdy View Post
                I'm not terrible at math but this doesn't look like math to me... What language is this?

                I am also looking to convert AMH levels
                from Ng/ml to pmol/L

                If there is anyone who understands this since I am soooo confused even after trying to read the directions please help!

                I'm trying to convert 1.33 ng/ml to pmol/l

                Thanx in advance!!
                Hi, just go backwards using JohnS's post at #31:

                1.33ng/mL x 1000/140 = 9.5 pmol/L

                Comment


                • #38
                  I would love to do just that but I'm so confused! Thanks a million!!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Little Blue Birdy View Post
                    I would love to do just that but I'm so confused! Thanks a million!!
                    Would you like the quick-and-dumb 5min explanation of what the terms mean?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Can anyone help me to convert 1ng/ml of Human epididymis protein 4 into pmol/L.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by CHAN MYAE WIN View Post
                        Can anyone help me to convert 1ng/ml of Human epididymis protein 4 into pmol/L.
                        To convert between grams and moles, you need to know the molar mass or molecular weight. I tried Google and found two conflicting values, around 13 kDa and 25 kDa (apparently different forms). I don;t know which is correct. Do you know correct molecular weight? It would make a 2:1 difference in result.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Molecular weight of humans epididymis protein 4 is 25 kDa thanks for your help

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CHAN MYAE WIN View Post
                            Molecular weight of humans epididymis protein 4 is 25 kDa thanks for your help
                            1 ng/mL = 1 g/L
                            1 g/L x 1 mol/25000 g = 40 pmol/L

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X