convert psi to liters per min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert psi to liters per min

I have a tanker that is being filled by a pump with a pressure rating of 50 psi. My problem is that I need to know how many liters per minute can escape should I over fill my tank with the pump.

Re: convert psi to liters per min

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a tanker that is being filled by a pump with a pressure rating of 50 psi. My problem is that I need to know how many liters per minute can escape should I over fill my tank with the pump.
    The pump should have flow rates specified at various pressures. You really need that flow rate. Just the pressure rating doesn't tell you much of anything.

Comment

Urgent help please :

I use 15 l/min medical oxygen through a medical Oxygen regulator. The bottle with regulator fell and my regulator is broken. Due to my remote location i can not get a replacement and could only get hold of a gentec (model 152X series) normal oxygen regulator. My problem is that this regulator only indicate flow in psi.

How do i convert this to know how many psi will be equal to 15 l/min.

Please
      Regards
      Hennie

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Urgent help please :

I use 15 l/min medical oxygen through a medical Oxygen regulator. The bottle with regulator fell and my regulator is broken. Due to my remote location i can not get a replacement and could only get hold of a gentec (model 152X series) normal oxygen regulator. My problem is that this regulator only indicate flow in psi.

How do i convert this to know how many psi will be equal to 15 l/min.

Please
        Regards
        Hennie
        There is no direct relationship between the pressure and the flow. There is a relationship between differential prssure and flow:
        *In a long, small diameter pipe
        *Or across a pinhole orifice.
        You would have to know the nature of the restriction in your breathing apparatus to determine the relationship between differential pressure and flow.

I assume your other regulator is calibrated in flow but actually measures pressure and is calibrated for a particular orifice. Perhaps a call to the manufacturer could get you the necessary information.

Comment

Ok so maybe someone can give me some helpful info. I need to know how to possibly make the conversion from GPH/LPH from a fuel pump rated at 130 GPH or 432 LPH going to another fuel pump putting out 58 PSI of fuel to a fuel injection system that operates at 58 psi.

I guess my real question is how many gallons per minute pump do I need to make sure the 58PSI pump does not run out of fuel.
          thank you in advance.
          please don’t hesitate to to come back with any questions

JMarms

Comment

Originally posted by Jmarms View Post
            Ok so maybe someone can give me some helpful info. I need to know how to possibly make the conversion from GPH/LPH from a fuel pump rated at 130 GPH or 432 LPH going to another fuel pump putting out 58 PSI of fuel to a fuel injection system that operates at 58 psi.

I guess my real question is how many gallons per minute pump do I need to make sure the 58PSI pump does not run out of fuel.
            thank you in advance.
            please don’t hesitate to to come back with any questions

JMarms
            So this must be either some kind of engine or combustion process? You need to know the fuel flow at maximum output, You need a low pressure pump that can flow that much fuel at whatever back pressure your piping causes, but also tolerates being throttled by the fuel injector pump downstream when less fuel is being used at reduced output.

Comment

True, and thank you for your input as well as question. So it’s basically turning volume into psi with the back pressure of the 4, barrel like sprayers. They are four 100 psi sprayers. But yes you are write, need to know the true measured output. I will get back to you on that.
              I am talking about an MSD atomic 2 fuel injection kit from Holley.

Comment

According to Holley, this Atomic EFI 2 kit has four 100 lb/hr injectors. I'm not sure where you got 100 PSI from, are you sure you have a legitimate Holley product?

Comment

Working...
                X