Horizontal diesel Tank calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal diesel Tank calibration

Please, help me calibrate my horizontal cylindrical diesel tank with the following dimensions:
    Length=8.56m
    Diameter/Height=2.77m
    This tank lies horizontal on a concrete base, and i need to be able to determine the quantity of gas in stock at various heights of lengths every 4 hours.

Re: Horizontal diesel Tank calibration

Originally posted by stjyuwa View Post
    Please, help me calibrate my horizontal cylindrical diesel tank with the following dimensions:
    Length=8.56m
    Diameter/Height=2.77m
    This tank lies horizontal on a concrete base, and i need to be able to determine the quantity of gas in stock at various heights of lengths every 4 hours.
    please i will need a very quick reply to this problem i am having to investigate something

Comment

Length=8.56m
      Diameter/Height=2.77m
      Length=8.56m
      Diameter/Height=2.77m

Comment

Length=8.56m
        Diameter/Height=2.77m
        See post #2 of this thread for formulas:
        http://forum.onlineconversion.com/showthread.php?t=5160
        or post #3 for a link to a calculator.

If you would like volumes in liters, express the dimensions in decimeters (1 L = 1 dm≥), ie 85.6 dm diameter, 27.7 dm length. You need to use internal dimensions, or if you use external dimensions, subtract two wall thicknesses. If you use meters, volume will be in cubic meters.

Comment

26.7dm diameter, 84.6dm length. Is this what you require?
          Last edited by stjyuwa; 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

26.7dm diameter, 84.6dm length. Is this what you require?
            If those are the inside dimensions, Vmax is 47367.75 L

If you don't wish to program an Excel spreadsheet with the equations, use our partially filled cylinder calculator for any partial fills based on dip depth
            http://www.onlineconversion.com/obje...nk_partial.htm

You can enter as many depths as you wish and make a chart.

Comment

Please kindly help me calculate 4ft by 4ft tank diesel to be in liter's

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayzeesalart View Post
                  I am assuming 4ft diameter by 4 foot long. 4 ft = 1.2192 m or 12.192 dm (cubing that will give us liters directly)

Volume is (pi/4)diameter ≤ x length = 1423 dm≥

You need to allow for thermal expansion so I wouldn't advise filling to over 90% of that, about 1280 L.

See the previous post for a link if you need to calculate the depth at partial fill for a dipstick.

Comment

Working...
                  X