• Show
Clear All

• Conversion of L/hr to mm/hr

Hi, i would like help in converting L/hr to mm/hr

Re: Conversion of L/hr to mm/hr

Originally posted by Knoll Enock View Post
    Hi, i would like help in converting L/hr to mm/hr
    I moved this to the conversion forum.

What is the context of your question? There must be an implied area, or the units are incompatible and can't be converted.

Usually, we see this question about rainfall. 1 mm of rainfall on an area of 1 m is 1 L of water. If you are asking about something else, please give us the context of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
      Re: Conversion of L/hr to mm/hr

I moved this to the conversion forum.

What is the context of your question? There must be an implied area, or the units are incompatible and can't be converted.

Usually, we see this question about rainfall. 1 mm of rainfall on an area of 1 m is 1 L of water. If you are asking about something else, please give us the context of the question.
      Thank you for your smart question. I would appreciate if you can help me in converting mm/hr to L/s, my area is 0.9*2m I'm using rainfall simulation for my plots. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post

Thank you for your smart question. I would appreciate if you can help me in converting mm/hr to L/s, my area is 0.9*2m I'm using rainfall simulation for my plots. Thanks
        On an area of 1 m, a rainfall of 1 mm/h is 1 L/h. There are 3600 s in an hour so 1/3600 L/s. I'm not sure what you meant by your area , 0.9 m? Multiply by your area 0.9/3600 L/s = 0.00025 L/s, or 250 L/s.

Comment

Working...
        X