conversion of liquid oz. to grams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conversion of liquid oz. to grams

I make soy candles and need to convert liquid ounces to grams.....by their liquid weight. I really need it for the fragrance oils that we use. For example,I use a 10oz. apothecary jar and we use 1 1/2ozs. of fragrance oil per lb. of wax. Sometimes we use only one ounce per pound of wax(soy wax). Can someone help us with these numbers? It would be very much appreciated.

Mike

Re: conversion of liquid oz. to grams

If you have to do it often, it may be best to invest in a digital scale.

You can probably assume that all fragrance oils have approximately the same density so in theory you would have to weigh them only once. Since I doubt being very slightly off would matter much for candles.

Though sometimes fragrances are stored in a gel to preserve freshness so the density of those would differ a bit more than purely liquid fragrance. (it saddens me that as a bachelor I would know something like that though)

But again, it seems that even if you do calculate the density, it would be much easier to just place it on a digital scale then to break out the calculator every time.

Comment

Thanks Robert for your reply....we do make these quite often and there are some closeness to them I have discovered. The specific gravity ranges from1.0 to 1.9 for most fragrances(liquid). I am assuming that the one that is 1.9 is a stronger scent than the one that is 1.0.....please tell me if I am wrong. The stronger the fragrance the less of it I have to put in because it is usually quite strong.....which saves me money :-)

Mike

Comment

A specific gravity of 1.0 would be 1 gram/milliliter, a specific gravity of 1.9 would be 1.9 gram/milliliter, nearly twice as heavy as the other.

But since you already know the density you can calculate it.

1.0 gram/milliliter = 29.6 gram/fluid ounce
        1.9 gram/milliliter = 56.2 gram/fluid ounce

Comment

Working...
        X