1 cube butter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 cube butter?

Good idea Christine. Here in Canada, butter comes by the pound, so if you tell me I need a stick of butter, I'd look at you funny.

Comment

a cube of butter is equal to 1 stick,or 8 tablespoons or 1/4 pound

Comment

Did you also know that a cube of butter is kosher?

Comment

wow ... thank you so much ... I had no idea what a cube of butter was... You made my day so much better!! =)

Comment

[QUOTE=Robert Fogt;3898]A cube of butter is 1 ounce, which is 2 tablespoons.

its called a cube because when cut a 1/2 stick in half, you're left with perfect cubes

lol ive always thought a cube was a stick. and been using a whole stick of butter in my recipes over the years when it called for a cube. sheeeesssh who knew?

Comment

Thanks for your help. I will make this recipe now that I know what a cube of butter is.

Comment

My wife was looking at an older recipe and asked me what amount constituted a "cube" of butter. I decided to check the Internet where I knew I would find the answer. To my surprise I found a lot of answers. A cube of butter is 1/4 stick, 2 tablespoons, 1/2 stick, 4 tablespoons, 1/2 cup, a full stick, 1/4 pound, etc., etc.

I then decided to look at a "stick" of butter, you know, those four wrapped things that come in a 1-pound box of butter. I took out a stick and realized that if I cut it in half I would get two geometrically perfect "cubes" of butter. I told my wife that a "cube" of butter was 1/2 stick, or 4 tablespoons, or 1/8 pound of butter. She was happy when the recipe worked perfectly.

Bake on ladies!

Comment

How much shortening is equal to on stick of butter?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                    How much shortening is equal to on stick of butter?
                    A stick of butter is 1/4 lb. I assume 1/4 lb of shortening, too.

Comment

Thanks for the cube conversion, makes sense!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        In the Western US a cube of butter is a stick. One stick is 1/2 cup.
                        you are wrong---a cube is exactly what is says.. a CUBE... a cube is 1/4 stick of butter
                        same size on all sides----A CUBE

Comment

I just checked with the originator of the recipe I'm making that calls for a cube of butter and it is a stick or 8 tablespoons..not an actual cube shape of butter.

Comment

My daughter watched a video on You Tube for no-bake cookies. The host pointed to her "cube" of butter but it looked very nearly like a half stick. All the previous responses have me confused! My daughter used the half stick (4 tablespoons) and the cookies were fine.

Comment

A cube is a cube and not a stick.

Comment

Working...
                              X