sugar cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sugar cubes

You folks will have to figure out whether you are doing weight, calories or volume! My sugar cube box says they are 15 calories and my igloo-building kids said there must be bigger ones somewhere. Online 25 calories seems to be way more common so us Alaskans probably get the weirdo sizes. Delicate foreign recipes would be safer with granulated when exactness is crucial. My banana bread and scratch common cakes not made with cake flour work just fine with a cube equals a teaspoon; will have to find some bigger cubes and see what happens. My cooking interest is chemistry-oriented--I put raisins or cinnamon in the pot roast and drain pork and beans and make cold salad, etc., no foreign, delicate and particular recipes. It was interesting reading all your comments. Grace in AK

Comment

This was very helpful, as am trying to prepare homemade lemonade, thanks to everyone for the inciteful and scientifically proven answers

Comment

Mrs X testing

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Mrs X testing
          Rats. I was hoping I could reply to your guest post in a new thread. However, I had to sign out first. --JohnS

Comment

The question was flawed. It should either have stated "How many sugar cubes are there in a cup of sugar cubes?", or "How many sugar cubes are equivalent to a cup of normal granulated sugar?" Why not just weigh the sugar instead of obsessing over how much are in a cup? I guess we in the UK and Europe don't bother with cups., we use scales for recipes!

Comment

The question was flawed. It should either have stated "How many sugar cubes are there in a cup of sugar cubes?", or "How many sugar cubes are equivalent to a cup of normal granulated sugar?" Why not just weigh the sugar instead of obsessing over how many are in a cup or equivalent to a cup? I guess we in the UK and Europe don't bother with cups., we use scales for recipes!

Comment

I love the person who said to go get granulated sugar or scale. Do you really think that I would asking the questiion. I need to know approximate of cubes= TO 3/4S CUP.

Comment

I don't know what a TO 3/4S CUP is, but I'm assuming you mean 3/4 cup. The answer to this looks like it is a school question, but if you know the number of teaspoons in a cup, 48, and the volume of a sugar cube, 3/4ths of a teaspoon, it's trivial to figure out.
                  Spoiler:
                  1 sugar cube is 3/4ths of a teaspoon.
                  There are 48 teaspoons in a cup
                  Therefore there would be 48 sugar cubes in 3/4ths of a cup.

Comment

Working...
                  X