Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

    dear friends
    need some help can you please advise how to calculate the weight / 1000 bags if the size of a bag and thickness in microns is given
    for eg if the size of a hdpe bag is
    12 x 7 x 21 inches and thickness is 14 microns then whats the weight / 1000 pcs?
    pls advise
    Chintan
    chintansinghvi@gmail.com

  • #2
    Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

    Originally posted by Unregistered
    dear friends
    need some help can you please advise how to calculate the weight / 1000 bags if the size of a bag and thickness in microns is given
    for eg if the size of a hdpe bag is
    12 x 7 x 21 inches and thickness is 14 microns then whats the weight / 1000 pcs?
    pls advise
    Chintan
    chintansinghvi@gmail.com
    What would be the measurement of a bag if you slit it down both sides so it was lying flat in a single layer? - the measurements you have given here don't make sense if we can't see the pleats in the base, sorry.

    The density of HDPE is about 0.95g/cm³ (0.94 - 0.97g/cm³)

    1. Convert all your measurments to cm, and work out the area of a single layer bag (length x width)

    2. multiply the area of a bag by the thickness. this gives you the volume of 1 bag in cm³.

    3. Multiply the volume by 1000 to give you the volume of 1000 bags.

    4. Multiply the volume of 1000 bags by the density to give you the weight of 1000 bags. Your answer will be in grams.

    Hope this helps.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

      Dear Sir thanks for your kind reply. Actually I am on probation in a plastic manufacturing unit in Pakistan. My query was regarding ascertain of weight of a supposed garbage bag. The supposed size is W 76cm x L 90 cm and thickness in micron is 24um (of single layer) and its density is .965. And the measurement of a bag if we slit it down both sides so it is lying flat in a single layer would be W 76cm and L 180 cm. Earlier I had tried with a simple thing but it incurred horrible weight. E.g. thickness (um)xWxLXDensity/1000
      24x76x90x.965/1000=258.4gr. If we try it with slit in both sides the weight would be unbelievable.
      24x76x180x.965/1000=316.8gr
      However, the actual weight is about 31 grams. I request your expertise to help me out.

      With Best Regards
      Ather Sheheryar
      Faisalabad, Pakistan

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

        All values in inches
        L B H T
        12 7 21 14 Microns
        0.55 Mil
        Film Circumference 56" 1 mil = 25.4 microns
        Film Circum * Height 1176"
        Sq inch lb/mil 0.0392
        Bag Weight (lb) 0.022
        Weight/1000 Bags (lb) 21.60629921
        Weight/1000 Bags (kg) 9.800553031

        Using Film Circumference/Girth = 2W + 2L

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Dear Sir thanks for your kind reply. Actually I am on probation in a plastic manufacturing unit in Pakistan. My query was regarding ascertain of weight of a supposed garbage bag. The supposed size is W 76cm x L 90 cm and thickness in micron is 24um (of single layer) and its density is .965. And the measurement of a bag if we slit it down both sides so it is lying flat in a single layer would be W 76cm and L 180 cm. Earlier I had tried with a simple thing but it incurred horrible weight. E.g. thickness (um)xWxLXDensity/1000
          24x76x90x.965/1000=258.4gr. If we try it with slit in both sides the weight would be unbelievable.
          24x76x180x.965/1000=316.8gr
          However, the actual weight is about 31 grams. I request your expertise to help me out.

          With Best Regards
          Ather Sheheryar
          Faisalabad, Pakistan
          I think there are two issues here. First, you need to divide by 10000 to convert micrometers to centimeters. Second, you have two thicknesses if you regard the bag as 76 cm x 90 cm, or one thickness if slit to 76 cm x 180 cm. The correct result from the analysis is 31.68 g. which seems to agree with the actual weight pretty well.
          Last edited by JohnS; 08-24-2009, 05:31 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            All values in inches
            L B H T
            12 7 21 14 Microns
            0.55 Mil
            Film Circumference 56" 1 mil = 25.4 microns
            Film Circum * Height 1176"
            Sq inch lb/mil 0.0392
            Bag Weight (lb) 0.022
            Weight/1000 Bags (lb) 21.60629921
            Weight/1000 Bags (kg) 9.800553031

            Using Film Circumference/Girth = 2W + 2L
            I believe the circumference is 38". We still don't know how the bag is gussetted or how much material is wasted in the folds. If we take it as 38" x 21", that is 96.5 cm x 53.3 cm. The volume of 1 bag is 96.5 cm x 53.3 cm x 14E-04 cm = 7.2 cm³. Taking rho as 0.95 g/cm³, weight would be 6.84 g/bag or 6.84 kg/1000 bags.

            If the bag is actually gussetted (unlikely for a small bag), the starting piece might be another 7" in height, and the weight up to 33% higher depending on gussett details. (I think 20% would be more likely).

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

              wait=(width*length*thickness)/(380*2.2046*25.04*25.4*2)
              all r in mm & tube=thickness*2
              =(760*900*48)/(380*2.2046*25.4*25.4*2)
              =30.37 grm

              i think u clear. here 2 leayer tube thickness=48 & all others r in mm

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                Please note following.

                76 x 90 x 24 x 24 x 0.0001 x 2 x 0.95 = 31.2gms/bag.
                Means 31.2 kgs/1000 bags.
                Hope it is clear to all now.
                Can call on +919824059958 for more info.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                  13x16x168G
                  wgt/1000 bags in Kg=13*16*168*.88/3200 KG

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                    w x L x Gauge /3300/1000 = wt of bags

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Plz confirm the rate of bags

                      Dear Sir,
                      If the bag size is below:
                      L: 34 cm(bag wt:127 grms)
                      W:22 cm
                      This is for 50 kg bag.

                      then how we can calculate the rate of each bag.
                      please suggest.

                      Mail: rajendra9970@gmail.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                        Dear Sir thanks for your kind reply. Actually I am on probation in a plastic manufacturing unit in Indonesia.I would like to ask if you are a customer who ordered a bag weighing 25 kg and 1 sack contents 60 pcs in 1 sack, and 1 pcs weight is 200gram .. I want to ask if 1 bag length and width of the P 30 cm x L 15 cm how much weight 1 bag per gram?
                        Thank you very much

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                          A3 SIZE 80 micron for 1kg

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            Re: conversion of bags size & thickness in microns to kg/1000 pcs

                            13x16x168G
                            wgt/1000 bags in Kg=13*16*168*.88/3200 KG
                            Hello sir, could you please explain me 3200? As it might be conversion factor.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              dear friends
                              need some help can you please advise how to calculate the weight / 1 bags if the size of a bag and thickness is given
                              for eg if the size of a pp woven bag is (24' X 36')Inch and Thickness is 3Gram then what is the weight of the bag ???

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X