X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is conversion rate for cooking piped LPG in M3/Kg

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am using piped LPG cooking gas.

The company has submitted its first bill and given consumption in M3 and billed me in Kg consumed.

Would anybody tell me the conversion rate M3 to Kg for Cooking LPG?

Rajan K
    2.2kg/m3 means 1m3 gas contains 2.2 kg of lpg in gas form

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;75318]Sir if the rate of flow of LPG (gaseous form) is 0. 5 - 7 KG/h at 1. 5 - 2 bar waht is its unit in terms m3/h

Comment

Re: What isdensity of LPG in Kg/M3

tell me what is the density of LPG IN kg/m3 AT 40C

Comment

Re: Unit conversion

Can any body tell me who to convert SCF of refinery gas to M.Ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I am using piped LPG cooking gas.

The company has submitted its first bill and given consumption in M3 and billed me in Kg consumed.

Would anybody tell me the conversion rate M2 to Kg for Cooking LPG?

Rajan K
            1 m3 means 1000 liters,1kg is equal to 1.96 liters.

Comment

I would like to know,how the charging done for reticulated gas.
              The vendor saying the ratio is 90% Butane and 10% propane. i.e 1.55 moles of butane and 0.23 moles of propane as per his calculations. Multiplied with 22.4,as per him 100 gm of gas contains 34.76 + 5.09 = 39.85 lit.So in one cubic meter 2.5094 kg of gas. Is this calculation correct? Now my question is how the metered consumption will be charged?

Isn't that 1 mole of gas occupies 22.4 liters when assumed temp is 0 degree and std pressure as one atmosphere? In reticulated system temp will be much more around 28-30 degree right?

Please clear my doubts

Thanks

Comment

I would like to know,how the charging done for reticulated gas. The vendor saying the ratio is 90% Butane and 10% propane. i.e 1.55 moles of butane and 0.23 moles of propane as per his calculations. Multiplied with 22.4,as per him 100 gm of gas contains 34.76 + 5.09 = 39.85 lit.So in one cubic meter 2.5094 kg of gas. Is this calculation correct? Now my question is how the metered consumption will be charged? Isn't that 1 mole of gas occupies 22.4 liters when assumed temp is 0 degree and std pressure as one atmosphere? In reticulated system temp will be much more around 28-30 degree right?

Please clear my doubts

Thanks

Comment

I would like to know,how the charging done for reticulated gas. The vendor saying the ratio is 90% Butane and 10% propane. i.e 1.55 moles of butane and 0.23 moles of propane as per his calculations. Multiplied with 22.4,as per him 100 gm of gas contains 34.76 + 5.09 -->39.85 lit.So in one cubic meter 2.5094 kg of gas. Is this calculation correct? Now my question is how the metered consumption will be charged? Isn't that 1 mole of gas occupies 22.4 liters when assumed temp is 0 degree and std pressure as one atmosphere? In reticulated system temp will be much more around 28-30 degree right?

Please clear my doubts

Thanks

Comment

Excuse me for multiple post, due to issue in my browser

Comment

Originally posted by aryan View Post
                      I would like to know,how the charging done for reticulated gas. The vendor saying the ratio is 90% Butane and 10% propane. i.e 1.55 moles of butane and 0.23 moles of propane as per his calculations. Multiplied with 22.4,as per him 100 gm of gas contains 34.76 + 5.09 = 39.85 lit.So in one cubic meter 2.5094 kg of gas. Is this calculation correct? Now my question is how the metered consumption will be charged? Isn't that 1 mole of gas occupies 22.4 liters when assumed temp is 0 degree and std pressure as one atmosphere? In reticulated system temp will be much more around 28-30 degree right?

Please clear my doubts

Thanks
                      Gas analysis is normally by molar ratio, but 1.55 moles and 0.23 moles does not reflect a 90%, 10% molar ratio; it does appear to be correct for percentage by weight, ie 100 g of mixture is 90 g of butane and 10 g of propane. Using molar masses, this gives 1.55 moles butane and 0.23 mole propane or 1.78 moles of mixture. At normal conditions, this occupies a volume of 22.4 L/mol x 1.78 mol = 39.9 L, and it still is 100 g of mixture so 100 g/39.9 L = 2.51 kg/m at 0 C, 101.325 kPa

It is common for gas metering devices to internally correct for temperature and pressure and state the volume at some assumed condition. You may wish to verify that the meter's reference conditions are what we used above.

Comment

Sir
                        I have LPG pipe line at my house and a M3 meter is fitted in my house How much our supplier should charge the conversion factor as LPG density is 1.89 Kg per m3 but he is charging 2.56 means 1 m3 usage he charges 2.56 Kgs of usage is this ok i feeling this is he is charging very high we are already paying Rs 50 meter charge plus at the time of installation we already paid Rs 15000 for installation.Please suggest

Comment

Originally posted by STHAKAR View Post
                          Sir
                          I have LPG pipe line at my house and a M3 meter is fitted in my house How much our supplier should charge the conversion factor as LPG density is 1.89 Kg per m3 but he is charging 2.56 means 1 m3 usage he charges 2.56 Kgs of usage is this ok i feeling this is he is charging very high we are already paying Rs 50 meter charge plus at the time of installation we already paid Rs 15000 for installation.Please suggest
                          It depends on what "LPG" is in your location. In the US and Canada it must be >95% propane, so the density would be about 1.9 kg/m.

However, in many parts of the world it is a mixture of propane and butane to lower the vapor pressure. For a 50/50 mixture 2.56 kg/m is just about right, but the mixture may vary seasonally to control the vapor pressure (more butane in hot weather). I think whether it is fair or a ripoff depends on the gas composition at your location.

Comment

Working...
                          X