Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marla/kanal

1 marla 225sft in lhr and different area have different sft marlas
    and all in Pakistan 1kannal =20 marla ...................................

Comment

A kanal is a traditional unit of land area in northern areas of Pakistan and also in the states of north India - Punjab (India), Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh; equal to 20 marlas. Under British rule the marla and kanal were standardized so that the kanal equals exactly 605 square yards or 1/8 acre; this is equivalent to about 505.857 square meters [1].
      A kanal is equal to:
      0.125 acres (510 m2)
      506 m
      20 marlas
      605 square yards (Gaz in local languages and Urdu)
      Usually people widely use this unit in Punjab and Islamabad. Whereas cities like Karachi, Hyderabad etc. do not use kanals or marlas, they use yards (Gaz in Urdu) to measure land specifically. This unit creates much confusion among people when discussing the size of land when people plan to buy land in other cities. For example, a person in Karachi who wants to buy land in Lahore would be confused as he would not know the size of the land as he has been accustomed to yards not marlas. Well same goes the other way round if someone from Lahore wants to buy land in Karachi. Well this confusion has not been looked into by the Government and no restriction of unit has been imposed yet. People are carrying on and this needs to be cleared everywhere specially by the property dealers and print media. So people get accustome to both of the units and know the details of each unit and its conversion.
      Some of the commonly available land size have been specified below with converted values and region {Formula is 1 marla = 30.25 sq yards) (Gaz in Urdu):
      Lahore, Islamabad etc.:

3 marla = 90.75 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu), 5 marla = 151.25 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu), 7.5 marla = 226.875 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu), 10 marla = 302.5 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu), 15 marla = 453.75 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu), 1 Kanal = 605 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu),
      Karachi, Hyderabad etc.:
      125 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 4.13 marla, 150 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 4.95 marla, 250 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 8.26 marla, 400 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 13.22 marla, 500 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 16.52 marla, 600 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 19.83 marla, 1000 sq yards (Gaz in Urdu) = 33.05 marla,

Comment

very useful information..thanks alot!

Comment

i heard that there is difference in marlas size in canotonment and at other areas of the sialkot city is that right? i.e. 252sqft in cantt and 272sqft in the aread.

Comment

1 marla = 164.2 square meter

1 kanal = 25.75608 are

Comment

Accutally i want to have some knowledge about the meserment in lands

Comment

Re: Beam Conversion

We need to convert VIGA W 210*134*6.4 beam (Spanish) to Indian standard form. We got a structural drawing from spain and we need equivalent beam measurement to start the work. Balance :

VIGA W 200 BEAM
                VIGA W 150 BEAM.

Please help.

Comment

1160squer yards is equal to how many marlas

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Fogt View Post
                    The following is according to Measure for Measure by Sequoia Publishing.

1 marla [India] = 164.2 square meter
                    1 marla [Pakistan] = 25.293 square meter

1 kanal [India] = 25.75608 are
                    1 kanal [Pakistan] = 505.86 square meter

That works out to be a kanal is 20 marla in Pakistan. Not sure how they relate in India but it doesn't come out to an exact match.
                    I have a small land in Pakistan, which is 64.3 feet width and 75.10 length. Please inform me how much kanal this land owns.

Comment

Re: Converting coordinates

Originally posted by sajjad_mu View Post
                      I shall be grateful if some can help me to find out that how many Sq. feets are in 1 marla or how many feets are how many sq. feets are in 1 kanal.

Thanks.

Sajjad - Canada

Dear Sajjad

1 Marla = 30.25 sq yards = 25.2928 sq m = 272.25 sq feet

Sandeep Diwan

Comment

16 acre 2 kanal 2 marla what the cost of land if rate is 3600000

Comment

I Shall be very grateful if someone remove my confusion ! jerib is equal to 4 kanal or 100?

Comment

Re: Converting coordinates

Originally posted by sajjad_mu View Post
                            I shall be grateful if some can help me to find out that how many Sq. feets are in 1 marla or how many feets are how many sq. feets are in 1 kanal.

Thanks.

Sajjad - Canada
                            1 marla = 225 sq feet
                            1 marla = 25 sq yard
                            1 kannal = 20 marla
                            1 kannal = 4500 sq feet
                            1 kannal = 500 sq yard
                            anything else bro.

Comment

Different Measurements of Marla

Marla is the traditional unit for the measurement of plot size. It was started in the British era and today it is used in Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh.

Usually, there are two conversions, which are as follows:
                              1. 1 Marla= 272 Square Feet. It is the standard unit for the measurement of revenue records.
                              2. 1 Marla= 250 Square Feet. This conversion is usually used by developing and municipal authorities and private housing schemes.
                              1 Kanal = 20 Marlas
                              For more conversion like Converting Marla into Square Feet, Square Yard and Square Meter and to other local units like karam, killa, acres you can read Plot Size Conversion in Pakistan. It has conversion tables and explained really well.

Comment

Working...
                              X