uM into ug/mL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnS View Post

Oversimplified, a mole (mol) is a molecular weight of something, measured in grams. I assume your actual molecular weight is 255.2 daltons (or unified atomic mass units) so a mole is 255.2 grams of it; a millimole (mmol) is 255.2 mg of it. One micromole/milliliter is 255.2 g/mL, to get 1 g/mL from the stock, dilute any convenient (measurable) volume to 255.2 times the initial volume.

Preparation is going to depend on what small quantities you can weight out reliably and what small volumes you can measure reliably.
    Hi John,

could you guide me in regards to this as i am stucked up

Mol wt of The drug A is 255.2 g/mole and it comes in a vial containing 1000 mg of powder and reconstitution directions say soluble at 10mg/ml.

so how could i make 1umole/ml solution and how could i get 1ugm/ml

Am grateful

a

Comment

Originally posted by ammydr View Post

Hi John,

could you guide me in regards to this as i am stucked up

Mol wt of The drug A is 255.2 g/mole and it comes in a vial containing 1000 mg of powder and reconstitution directions say soluble at 10mg/ml.

so how could i make 1umole/ml solution and how could i get 1ugm/ml

Am grateful

a
      Hi there, you didn't really explain what you didn't understand about JohnS's post at #28.

You didn't say what glasswear you have, or what quantities you can weigh out, either. so a bit hard to answer the same question (when the answer is still the same).

1000mg, soluble at 10mg/mL allows you to make up 100mL.

You now have a solution of 1000mg/100mL = 10mg/mL = 10,000g/mL.

Assuming you have a 1mL pipette, and 100mL volumetric flasks, you could do a serial dilution:
      1mL of this solution diluted to 100mL, which now gives you a solution of 100g/mL.
      Now take 1mL of this 100 g/mL solution, and dilute to 100mL, and you have your required concentration of 1g/mL.

If you don't understand this, please can you post back which bit you don't understand? - If you don't understand any of it, please can you tell us why you need to do this in the first place? - To make up these sorts of solutions requires some chemistry from high school. If you don't have this background, you would be struggling with any tertiary chemistry course.

Comment

Note in the original post that the molecular weight (also the molar mass) was given as 300.

.................................................. .................
        Galaxy S7 case casesam
        http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-ga...ories-114.html
        Last edited by Duncan12; 03-28-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan12 View Post
          Note in the original post that the molecular weight (also the molar mass) was given as 300.
          ??? And was answered in posts 2-8. Then other people asked other similar questions, as is very common.

Comment

Hi, I am really struggling in converting 0.014 micromolar with a molecular weight of 70000 into microgram/ml.

Hopefully you have the right formula for me.
            I would be thankfull forever

Comment

Originally posted by SRV View Post
              Hi, I am really struggling in converting 0.014 micromolar with a molecular weight of 70000 into microgram/ml.

Hopefully you have the right formula for me.
              I would be thankfull forever
              "Molar" is shorthand for mol/L
              0.014 mol/L 70 000 g/mol x 1 L/1000 mL = 0.980 g/mL or 980 ng/mL

Comment

Can anyone please help me with this. My original concentration of stock is 10mg/ml (MW: 5733.5). I need to prepare 0.4 uM from this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nadi View Post
                  Can anyone please help me with this. My original concentration of stock is 10mg/ml (MW: 5733.5). I need to prepare 0.4 uM from this. Thanks
                  Since M is shorthand for moles per liter, lets express your stock as 10 g/L. Your requirement is 0.4 mol/L x 5733.5 g/mol = 2.2394 mg/L.
                  10 / 2.2394 x 10-3 =4360.3.
                  Take any convenient volume of stock and dilute to 4360.3 times that volume.

Comment

Working...
                  X