Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diesel to Metric Tons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Diesel to Metric Tons

    What's the factor to convert diesel fuel gallons into metric tons?

  • #2
    Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

    Originally posted by Unregistered
    What's the factor to convert diesel fuel gallons into metric tons?
    Since you are converting volume to mass, you have to know the density. Diesel is approximately 0.85 kg/L, but it varies from lot to lot. However, using the value

    gallons x 3.7854 L/gallon x 0.85 kg/L x 1 t/1000 kg
    will give metric tons. Be sure to use the density for your lot of fuel. 1000 gallons is about 3.2 t.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

      Thnak you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

        pls... anyone can help me how to convert 30.000.000 Liter Diesel to metric tons

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          pls... anyone can help me how to convert 30.000.000 Liter Diesel to metric tons
          30 million liters is 30 000 m
          #2 Diesel is about 0.85 t/m, typical, but varies from refiner to refiner. Measure density if you need high accuracy. Around 25 500 t.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

            Can someone please help me convert 4 million gallons of diesel to tons?
            Also 880K gallons of petrol to tons.

            Need help!! Please.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Diesel to Metric Tons

              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Can someone please help me convert 4 million gallons of diesel to tons?
              Also 880K gallons of petrol to tons.

              Need help!! Please.
              Metric tons? A gallon is 3.7854 L
              4 million gallons = 15 142 000 L. Specific gravity of diesel varies lot to lot, but is around 0.84 kg/L, so 12 720 000 kg or 12720 t.

              Gasoline SG is around 0.73 kg/L
              880 000 gallons x 3.7854 L x 0.74 kg/L x 1 t/1000 kg = 2465 t.

              Wait, petrol? Do you mean Imperial gallons, not US gallons. Multiply both answers by 1.2. An Imperial gallon is 4.5461 L.
              (If you want long or short, not metric, tons, an additional conversion is required.)

              Comment


              • #8
                How many gallons of D2 diesel to a metric ton

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 129Dynamic View Post
                  How many gallons of D2 diesel to a metric ton
                  Depends on density, which can vary lot to lot, but assume about 0.85 kg/L
                  1000 kg x 1 L/0.85 kg = 1176 L. A US gallon is 3.7854 L so about 310.8 gallons, but inversely proportional to density of the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If I want to convert 500, 000 metric tonnes into gallons for D2 gost 305 82 diesel product- how do I go on about it? I have been given the density which is 20 deg, max860. And let's say the price is 0.7$ to the gallon- how much would it be per metric tonne?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by medmed786 View Post
                      If I want to convert 500, 000 metric tonnes into gallons for D2 gost 305 82 diesel product- how do I go on about it? I have been given the density which is 20 deg, max860. And let's say the price is 0.7$ to the gallon- how much would it be per metric tonne?
                      I'll use your figure but I caution that you need the actual density of the lot, not a specified maximum. A tonne (metric ton) is 1000 kg. The density with units is 860 kg/m3. The volume occupied by 1 tonne of this diesel is 1000 kg x 1 m3/860 kg = 1.1628 m3 or 1162.8 L. Get the actual density and substitute for 860 in this calculation.

                      The US gallon is defined as 3.785 411 784 L, so 307.18 US gallons at $0.70 would be $215.02 per tonne, but that would vary with density.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X