mmol/kg to mg/kg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmol/kg to mg/kg

455 mmol/kg of Na (sodium) how we will convert into mg/kg please convert it as soon

Re: mmol/kg to mg/kg

Originally posted by Unregistered
    455 mmol/kg of Na (sodium) how we will convert into mg/kg please convert it as soon
    You have to multiply by the molar mass of the substance (same as atomic or molecular weight). For sodium, that's 22.99 g/mol, so 10460 mg/kg or 10.46 g/kg.

The molar mass, in general, is different for every substance, and has to be computed or looked up.

Comment

mg/kg to mmol/kg (CALCIUM)

Please somebody help me! I have analysed the soil for Ca content and the result is 3.4 g/kg...now I need CEC so I need to convert it into mmol/kg. My number are so high that they doesnt seem right...

Comment

Re: mg/kg to mmol/kg (CALCIUM)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Please somebody help me! I have analysed the soil for Ca content and the result is 3.4 g/kg...now I need CEC so I need to convert it into mmol/kg. My number are so high that they doesnt seem right...
        A quick google suggests that CEC is cation exchange capacity.

Is the Ca content of your soil calculated as JUST Ca, or is it as CaCO3? - If the latter, then the actual value of your Ca is 3.4 x 40/88 = 1.54g/kg

a Ca ion is 2+, so can attach to two OH- or take the place of two H+ groups, so has double the weighting if you like.

1.54g is 0.0385mol/kg Ca2+

Comment

.012 mmol/l of fe in soil convert to mg/kg or ppm

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            .012 mmol/l of fe in soil convert to mg/kg or ppm
            How did you measure your litre of soil thanks? - This will help answer the question. (Dried, digested, compacted milled etc)

Comment

how to calculate mol/kg to mg/kg

Comment

how to calculate mol/kg to mg/kg for a substance having 323 molecular weight

Comment

Originally posted by sabina View Post
                  how to calculate mol/kg to mg/kg for a substance having 323 molecular weight
                  For this substance, the molar mass is 323 g/mol, each mole weighs 323 g or 323 000 mg

Comment

Working...
                  X