Convert from ppm volume wet to mol %

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert from ppm volume wet to mol %

Hello all, Please i would like to know how to convert from 32212 ppm vol wet to mol %, Thank you!

Originally posted by kamgain View Post
    Hello all, Please i would like to know how to convert from 32212 ppm vol wet to mol %, Thank you!
    Is this a gas and does its pressure volume relationship approximate Ideal Gas Law? If so, divide by 10 000 to convert ppm to percent (still on same wet basis), ie 3.22%.
    If not we need a lot more info.

Comment

Thank you for your response, Yes it is a gas (oxygen) deriving from combustion in a boiler.

I know it has been asked before but i'm not clear on that, i want to convert from lb/hr to ppm weight of ash considering that i don't have the molecular mass of ash nor the complete c omponents of the combustion product. All i have is the weight of ash in lbs/hr so how can i do please?

Comment

Originally posted by kamgain View Post
        Thank you for your response, Yes it is a gas (oxygen) deriving from combustion in a boiler.

I know it has been asked before but i'm not clear on that, i want to convert from lb/hr to ppm weight of ash considering that i don't have the molecular mass of ash nor the complete c omponents of the combustion product. All i have is the weight of ash in lbs/hr so how can i do please?
        Ppm (like percent) can be figured on weight basis, volume basis, molar ratio, etc, so you have to clarify what "flavor" of ppm you want. Mass ratio would make the most sense in this case, but you need the mass of ash in lb/h and the total exhaust in lb/h. You need a direct mass flow measurement of exhaust stream.

Lacking that you could make an estimate from stoichiometry if you know mass of fuel burned, its combustion equation, and either the percent excess air over stoichiometry or the residual O2 in the exhaust stream. That requires a bunch of data and the calculation is non-trivial, to say the least.

Comment

Working...
        X