Ventilation vent size required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventilation vent size required

hi I'm hoping someone can help me,I have installed a gas heater and it requires two louvred ventilation grills each have to have 39000mm2. The area I have to locate these is 205mm high x 905mm long. Will that size be enough,better yet what size vent gets me the 39000mm2 in that space? Thank you.

Originally posted by Locky View Post
    hi I'm hoping someone can help me,I have installed a gas heater and it requires two louvred ventilation grills each have to have 39000mm2. The area I have to locate these is 205mm high x 905mm long. Will that size be enough,better yet what size vent gets me the 39000mm2 in that space? Thank you.
    The area of a rectangle is length x width. However, a louver partially obstructs the opening, usually 25 -50% depending on the nature of the louvers. Lets assume 50%, then the gross area of the louver should be 78000 m, half useful opening, half metal bars. Lets assume the gross opening is 400 mm, then height needs to be at least 195 mm. Two of these should fit in the space you have.

If the louver bars only obstruct 25%, then 75 % unobstructed, so 39000 mm/0.75 = 52000 mm gross opening, or 300 mm x 175 mm would suffice. The sizes are just examples. The product of the opening gross width and length is important.

Comment

Thank you for that,I understand what you mean so il get in contact with the supplier of the vents and work out which design is best suited. Appreciate your help

Comment

Working...
      X