Convert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert

How much is 1074 ng/ml of methamphetamine converted to grams ?

Originally posted by AskAboutMe17 View Post
    How much is 1074 ng/ml of methamphetamine converted to grams ?
    It is a concentration, so you would have to multiple by the volume of the mixture. If this is a blood test for drugs, I can't guess your blood volume, but the law would focus on concentration anyway. You are either over or under some allowable concentration.

Comment

Actually its my husbands toxicology death report . I was on vacation when this happened
      can you help me figure it out ?

Comment

I found a report here:
        https://academic.oup.com/jat/article/37/6/386/804808

1074 ng/mL would be 1.074 mg/L, which is the unit used in the report.

Blood concentrations ranging from 0.15 to 0.56 mg/L have been reported in methamphetamine abusers showing violent and irrational behavior (6) and from 0.05 to 2.6 mg/L in individuals arrested for erratic driving (7). Postmortem blood concentrations have been described to range from 1.4 to 13 mg/L in abusers who died of traumatic injury by violent means (8). Deaths resulting from overdose have been shown with methamphetamine concentrations ranging from 0.09 to 18 mg/L, with an average of 1.0 mg/L (9). When attempting to compare blood and clinical plasma/serum concentrations, it is important to be aware that the blood/plasma ratio for methamphetamine is ∼0.60.7 (2).

Comment

Working...
        X