Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed - micrograms (μg/ml) to micromols (μM/ml).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - micrograms (μg/ml) to micromols (μM/ml).

Hello,

I'm struggling with a conversion. My results are 4.7μg/ml of the drug carmustine is the lethal dose. All other papers lethal doses are in μM/ml. I don't know how to change mine to match the other papers in μM. The molecular weight of carmustine is 214.046.
    It doesn't matter if the concentrations are different in the experiments as i'm trying to work out the lethal concentration (IC50).

I've tried to work it out and got that my result is 22μM. Can anybody tell me if this is correct/what i need to do!?

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by stacey55 View Post
    Hello,

I'm struggling with a conversion. My results are 4.7μg/ml of the drug carmustine is the lethal dose. All other papers lethal doses are in μM/ml. I don't know how to change mine to match the other papers in μM. The molecular weight of carmustine is 214.046.
    It doesn't matter if the concentrations are different in the experiments as i'm trying to work out the lethal concentration (IC50).

I've tried to work it out and got that my result is 22μM. Can anybody tell me if this is correct/what i need to do!?

Thank you!!!
    I can't understand results in M/ml; that makes no sense. Molarity (M) is shorthand for moles per liter. Moles per liter per milliliter doesn't make sense. There is something wrong with that

As Molarity is moles per liter, first express 4.7 g/mL as 4.7 mg/L then multiply by 1 mol/214 .046 g. I agree you get 22 M.

Comment

Working...
    X