Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula for spreadsheet to measure paper sheets

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a formula I can imput onto a spreadsheet to calculate how many sheets of paper on a pallet by measurement ( preferably in cm ) knowing the micron of said sheet.
    I have approx. 50 different types of board with different measures/ grams & micron. I need to create a database for stock counting. so if I measure a pallet that's results in say 90cm and the micron is say 450, how many sheets is calculated. thanks Ian

Originally posted by IanW View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a formula I can imput onto a spreadsheet to calculate how many sheets of paper on a pallet by measurement ( preferably in cm ) knowing the micron of said sheet.
    I have approx. 50 different types of board with different measures/ grams & micron. I need to create a database for stock counting. so if I measure a pallet that's results in say 90cm and the micron is say 450, how many sheets is calculated. thanks Ian
    Are the sheets the size of the pallet, so you only need to account for thickness? Is there any bundling of sheets into packages with straps or wrapping to be accounted for? Is any air space between sheets compressed out somehow?

I am dubious about accounting for these things, but the simple (or possibly simple-minded) approach is to divide the pallet height by the thickness of a sheet. Micron is an archaic term for micrometer, so 0.9 m/450 m = 2000 sheets. However, if the sheets have any surface irregularities, they will have air space between, and have a large "effective thickness." By actually counting sheets in some sample pallets (preferable a few samples for each type), you could develop a correction factor (always less than one), and use k*height/thickness, where k is the empirical correction factor.

Comment

Working...
    X