Conversion for Transfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion for Transfection

So I'm trying to transfect siRNA into my cells to silence a gene, but I'm having trouble with all the conversions. Here's what I have:

I have 5nmol of the siRNA.
    The molecular weight of siRNA is approx 13,000 g/mol
    I need to make a stock solution between 0.5 to 5 μg/μL. I want to aim for 2.5 μg/μL

I'm trying to figure out where to start with this and a clean way to convert everything. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by dude984 View Post
    So I'm trying to transfect siRNA into my cells to silence a gene, but I'm having trouble with all the conversions. Here's what I have:

I have 5nmol of the siRNA.
    The molecular weight of siRNA is approx 13,000 g/mol
    I need to make a stock solution between 0.5 to 5 μg/μL. I want to aim for 2.5 μg/μL

I'm trying to figure out where to start with this and a clean way to convert everything. Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
    I'm not entirely sure what the question is. You have a total amount of 5 nmol x 13000 g/mol or 65 痢 of siRNA

If you wish to mix a concentration of 2.5 痢/無, using it all, you would dilute to 26 無. However, you should only be duing this under a doctor's advice and he should literally be advising you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post

I'm not entirely sure what the question is. You have a total amount of 5 nmol x 13000 g/mol or 65 痢 of siRNA

If you wish to mix a concentration of 2.5 痢/無, using it all, you would dilute to 26 無. However, you should only be duing this under a doctor's advice and he should literally be advising you.
      No, I'm a grad student and I'm working on converting 5 nmol of a particular siRNA into 痢/無 so I know how much to dilute it.

Comment

Working...
      X