Convert ug/g to ug/dl, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert ug/g to ug/dl, etc.

Trying to make things uniform. I have a urine test that show a lead level of 12 ug/g; I am trying to compare that the the OSHA guide line of a blood level measured in ug/dl. Can anyone help? Or will the urine level not be able to be compared as a blood level?

Originally posted by Paula View Post
    Trying to make things uniform. I have a urine test that show a lead level of 12 ug/g; I am trying to compare that the the OSHA guide line of a blood level measured in ug/dl. Can anyone help? Or will the urine level not be able to be compared as a blood level?
    We deal in conversions, not medicine. I am dubious that blood and urine levels compare directly, but I don't know. A deciliter is 100 milliliters; if it were water it would be 100 g. Due to dissolved content, urine would be slightly heavier, so 100-105 g, perhaps, so 1200 - 1260 g/dL, but that would only be valid to compare to a urine test expressed in those units.

There seem to be articles going both ways on whether urine tests for lead are actually useful, but I don't have the medical background to evaluate the claims. Those results do seem unrealistically high.

Comment

Working...
    X