Concrete weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concrete weight

I'm trying to get figures for building a half Wall and most economically. The Board of directors wants to build a half wall of poured reinforced concrete 48" x 36" x 6". I am recommending we use steel stud construction wrapped in stucco.
    what are the weights and estimated costs?

Estimated costs are a bit beyond the scope of this website.

In looking for weight I came across a FAQ at the Portland Cement website.
    https://www.cement.org/learn/materia...sked-questions

Except they direct you to a publication that costs money.
    http://members.cement.org/EBiz55/Boo...px?Value=EB049

Comment

Originally posted by donghotreotuong1 View Post
      I'm trying to get figures for building a half Wall and most economically. The Board of directors wants to build a half wall of poured reinforced concrete 48" x 36" x 6". I am recommending we use steel stud construction wrapped in stucco.
      what are the weights and estimated costs?
      You have 6 cubic feet of concrete. Density varies a bit with mix, but figures of 144-150 lb/ft³ are commonly used. The reinforcing rods would make it slightly higher. If there are no extreme lateral loads, you might also consider (hollow) cinder block construction with a stucco overcoat for appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post

You have 6 cubic feet of concrete. Density varies a bit with mix, but figures of 144-150 lb/ft³ are commonly used. The reinforcing rods would make it slightly higher. If there are no extreme lateral loads, you might also consider (hollow) cinder block construction with a stucco overcoat for appearance.
        Thanks for the calculations. Have the same concrete project as well. My dimensions are 32'' x 11'' x 4''. Using the calculator here, I found that I need 1408 cu/in of concrete or 0.815 cu/ft. Is that right? Also it shows that I need 40 lb bags for that volume. Hope that would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by LoChelso View Post

Thanks for the calculations. Have the same concrete project as well. My dimensions are 32'' x 11'' x 4''. Using the calculator here, I found that I need 1408 cu/in of concrete or 0.815 cu/ft. Is that right? Also it shows that I need 40 lb bags for that volume. Hope that would be enough.
          Calculation looks right.

Comment

Working...
          X