Convertion Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertion Chart

I need to know how many gallons of Hydrogen Peroxide I need to put in my 18000 gallons of water pool.? Any help will be greatly appreciated it . Thanks. RIcardo

Originally posted by Ricardo57 View Post
    I need to know how many gallons of Hydrogen Peroxide I need to put in my 18000 gallons of water pool.? Any help will be greatly appreciated it . Thanks. RIcardo
    Hydrogen Peroxide is sold as different strength solutions, so we need to know the strength you are using. We also need to know the concentration you want in the swimming pool. If there is contamination with Biological Oxygen Demand in the pool, it uses up some of the H2O2, so it is best to test afterward to make sure you achieved what you wanted.
    If you have info requested above, we can help with calculation, but it should be considered a starting point to be confirmed by post-test.

Comment

I looked up some articles. All recommend using 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to keep the quantities manageable. Unlike the weak dilutions you buy at drugstore for wound treatment, this stuff is dangerous. I can not over-emphasize, read the MSDS sheet, take recommended precautions. Wear protective clothing, gloves, eyewear. Do NOT get on skin, in eyes, inside you or breathe the fumes. It can kill you nearly as well as the bacteria you are trying to eliminate.

The sites all recommend 1:4000 dilution for initial application to get around 100 ppm. For 18000 gallons, this is 4.5 gallons of 35% H2O2. You have to use test strips and add more when concentration is below 50 ppm by test strip. 1:8000 dilution (2.25 gallons per 18000 gallon) should get you back up to target from 50 ppm.

Again, please read and follow MSDS, this is bad stuff if it gets on you or in you. I would be hesitant to use it.

If you can only get 12%, use 3X the amounts.
      If you can only get 3%, it's pretty safe but you need 12X above amounts. A bit impractical.

Comment

Working...
      X