X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnS
    replied
    Originally posted by NATRE View Post
    Good morning. I am working on finding the right conversion factor for a gas with 6% CO2, 90% Methane and 0% H2S with an NGL yield of 6 bbl/mmscf to barrels of oil equivalent. As far as I know, the NGL yield has an impact on the conversion factor, but I am not sure how to account for the CO2 content? Does it have an effect? If so, why is that? Really appreciate any help you can provide.

Kindest Regards,

NATRE
    Natural gas from the well is a mixture of methane, higher carbon hydrocarbons such as ethane, pentane, butane, and undesired CO2, H2S, water vapor, etc. The higher carbon hydrocarbons are collectively called NGL, natural gas liquids, and in cleaning up the gas for distribution, they can be (partially) separated and sold more profitably as liquids., than left in the gas stream. I found this presentation which helped me a bit in understanding them: https://www.eia.gov/conference/ngl_v...nne-keller.pdf

However, I am not clear whether you are trying to evaluate heating value of the raw gas supply or the "cleaned up" supply after NGL and contaminants are separated. In either case, the NGLs are a mixture of compounds with different heating values. I think you really need a composition analysis of the gas stream of interest, then there are plenty of programs to estimate heating value from quantitative composition. From the article above, the composition of the separated NGL stream seems to vary with gas origin so I think that is a "no joy" approach. However, I may be wrong as it is well outside my field.

Leave a comment:

• NATRE
    started a topic MMSCF to BOE

MMSCF to BOE

Good morning. I am working on finding the right conversion factor for a gas with 6% CO2, 90% Methane and 0% H2S with an NGL yield of 6 bbl/mmscf to barrels of oil equivalent. As far as I know, the NGL yield has an impact on the conversion factor, but I am not sure how to account for the CO2 content? Does it have an effect? If so, why is that? Really appreciate any help you can provide.

Kindest Regards,

NATRE
Working...
X