RANKL and OPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANKL and OPG

I have done a test for serum RANKL and OPG and according to manufacture the results are in ng/ml but I need to convert results into pmol/l but no conversion factor available in manufacture catalogue what can I do?

Originally posted by Rihameid View Post
    I have done a test for serum RANKL and OPG and according to manufacture the results are in ng/ml but I need to convert results into pmol/l but no conversion factor available in manufacture catalogue what can I do?
    To convert between moles and grams you need to know the molar mass (numerically equal to the molecular weight) of the substance. I'm not sure what these substances are, so I donb't know their molar masses. You will also have to adjust the prefixes, but that is trivial.

Comment

Molecular weigth is is 20 for RANKL and 19.9 for OPG

Comment

Originally posted by Rihameid View Post
        Molecular weigth is is 20 for RANKL and 19.9 for OPG
        Those molecular weights are way too low (or need units). I found 60 kDa for OPG and 35 kDa for RANKL, but I don't really understand much of the articles in which I found the values. Please verify your molecular weights. Let me show how to convert for a hypothetical 30 kDa protein.

First, re-express ng/mL as g/L (same numerical value, both units increase by a factor of 1000, but the denominator is the same as required in your conversion.
        Second, a molecular weight of 30 kDa is 30 kg/mol or 30000 g/mol. Multiply by the reciprocal

1 g/L x 1 mol/30000 g = 33.3 pmol/L

Comment

Working...
        X