Veneer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veneer

What is the cubic meter of a veneer with thickness = 1.2mm , width = 1.22m and length= 2.44m

that is 0.00357216 cubic meters

Comment

hello
      could you please teach me how you get the answer I mean the formula

Comment

Well. First you have to convert all of your measurements to the same units. So either convert millimeters to meters -which is a scale of 1:0.001 - or meters to millimeters -which is a scale of 1:1000 -
        Then multiply them together.

Comment

Thanks
          lets see this
          thickness = 1.2mm , width = 1220cm length=2440cm * 500pieces what will be the cubic meter

Comment

How big do you think it will be? Have you checked your measurement units are the same and correct?

Comment

Let me try am not a mathematician but l try
              0.012 x 1.220 x 2.440 x 500 = 17.860m3
              Is that correct?

Comment

That is a valid solution for the calculation. But I don't know if it is the correct solution, because in your first post you used millimeters and meters, in your second post you used millimeters and centimeters, and now you are using what looks like centimeters-converted-to-meters and meters.

That is why I asked if you had checked your measurement units are correct

Comment

Not sure. Check all your dimensions. First post said length and width were 2.44 m x 1.22 m, but next said 440 cm x 1220 cm, both dimensions 10X larger. I suspect you meant 2440 mm x 1220 mm, the size of a standard sheet of plywood. On thickness, 1.2 mm might be the correct thickness for just the veneer layer of a finished plywood, but 12 mm is more likely as the thickness of the sheet of plywood. When expressed in meters, 0.012 m and 0.0012 m are 10 X different.

When you are sure of all the dimensions (in meters) just multiply them all out as you did.

Comment

Hi Johns
                    you seams to get me clearer. We are working on veneer the material used to make plywood thickness of 1.2mm. Width 1220mm and length is 2440mm
                    I think my confusing is the units am using.
                    But take an office flat file for example. How do you calculate cubic meter of a flat file that has a thickness of one point two millimeter
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Valentine View Post
                      Hi Johns
                      you seams to get me clearer. We are working on veneer the material used to make plywood thickness of 1.2mm. Width 1220mm and length is 2440mm
                      I think my confusing is the units am using.
                      But take an office flat file for example. How do you calculate cubic meter of a flat file that has a thickness of one point two millimeter
                      ​​​​​
                      If you have dimensions in millimeters, move decimal left 3 places for meters, so 1.2 mm becomes 0.0012 m. (Pad zeroes as needed)
                      1.22 m x 2.44 m x 0.0012 m x 500 pc = 1.786 m

Comment

Originally posted by Valentine View Post
                        What is the cubic meter of a veneer with thickness = 1.2mm , width = 1.22m and length= 2.44m
                        you are using what looks like centimeters-converted-to-meters and meters.

Comment

Working...
                        X