Liquid oxygen to Gaseous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid oxygen to Gaseous

I have a "CRYOGENIC VERTICAL STORAGE THERMOSIPHON TANK ‐ 12 KL / 17 Bar" net capacity of 11852 Litres to store oxygen, I want to know how many oxygen cylinders of 7 cubic meter at a pressure of 130bar can be filled?, Detailed explanation

Originally posted by Chetan Charki View Post
    I have a "CRYOGENIC VERTICAL STORAGE THERMOSIPHON TANK ‐ 12 KL / 17 Bar" net capacity of 11852 Litres to store oxygen, I want to know how many oxygen cylinders of 7 cubic meter at a pressure of 130bar can be filled?, Detailed explanation
    Your oxygen cylinders do not have physical volumes of 7 m. At 130 bar, they hold an amount of compressed gas that would expand to 7 m at atmospheric pressure.

I started to look up density of LOX and of the gaseous phase at 1 atm, and various temperatures. Since we don't really have complete information, and you will have some filling losses, I'm going to go with this quote from Wikipedia to make an estimate:
    since one liter of liquefied oxygen is equivalent to 840 liters of gaseous oxygen at atmospheric pressure and 20 C (68 F).
    so 11852 L of LOX would be 9956 m of gas at 1 atm, so about 1422 cylinders rated for 7 m.

Comment

Working...
    X