Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g/mol to kg/m3 to m3/hr

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and hoping you guys can help me with calculating some gas concentrations. My ultimate goal is to get to how many m3/hr of the source gas flow. I know that the source gas flow is 4657.8kg/hr. It is made up of 9% CO2, so 420.13356kg/hr of CO2. The molecular weight of CO2 is 44.01 g/mol. Is it possible with this info to work this back to cubic meters per hour of the source gas?

Thanks!!

Originally posted by hubcapjoe View Post
    Hi everyone.

I'm new here and hoping you guys can help me with calculating some gas concentrations. My ultimate goal is to get to how many m3/hr of the source gas flow. I know that the source gas flow is 4657.8kg/hr. It is made up of 9% CO2, so 420.13356kg/hr of CO2. The molecular weight of CO2 is 44.01 g/mol. Is it possible with this info to work this back to cubic meters per hour of the source gas?

Thanks!!
    You either need to know the density of the source gas or composition analysis of all its components to compute an approximate average molecular weight and density.

As an aside. gas composition is usually given as a molar ratio, not a mass/mass ratio. Unless you know it is percentage by mass, your estimate of the CO2 mass flow may be off.

Comment

Working...
    X