Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBS to MPa and GPa

Hi there,

I'm new to this site, so I hope, someone can help me with the following problem I have.

Educated in old metric units, I have difficultly in converting the following numbers into MPa/GPa.

Flatwise Stiffness 55,600 lbf-in.2/ft = ............... GPa
    Flatwise Strength 1,040 lbf-in./ft = .................. MPa

It concerns the strength and stiffness properties of OSB.

Appreciate your help.

Antoon Eggenhuizen

The document can be downloaded from the APA Website: APA - PR-N614 (Tolko SIP facers)

Last edited by CMAX; 02-09-2020, 05:59 AM.

Originally posted by CMAX View Post
    Hi there,

I'm new to this site, so I hope, someone can help me with the following problem I have.

Educated in old metric units, I have difficultly in converting the following numbers into MPa/GPa.

Flatwise Stiffness 55,600 lbf-in.2/ft = ............... GPa
    Flatwise Strength 1,040 lbf-in./ft = .................. MPa

It concerns the strength and stiffness properties of OSB.

Appreciate your help.

Antoon Eggenhuizen

The document can be downloaded from the APA Website: APA - PR-N614 (Tolko SIP facers)
    At least in the version I downloaded, SI conversion factors are given immediately under the table. Simply multiply the Customary values by these conversions.
    I tried to copy and paste the footnote, but the document is protected.

I don't know enough about the subject to know how these values are measured or applied to design; however the SI units given for the two conversion factors are
    kNm/m and kNm/m, I do not see a useful way to express them using pascals (with any prefix) as 1 Pa = 1 N/m. Doing so makes the numerator messier.

Comment

Working...
    X