Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 convesion

Hello everyone
    I need to calculate concentration of CO2 from its flow rate. CO2 flow into 1liter chamber with flow rate of 50 ml/min. Then what is the concentration of CO2 in ppm.

Originally posted by Aadil View Post
    Hello everyone
    I need to calculate concentration of CO2 from its flow rate. CO2 flow into 1liter chamber with flow rate of 50 ml/min. Then what is the concentration of CO2 in ppm.
    Is the container vented so it remains at constant pressure? Are the gases "well mixed" before the excess gas exits?.If so, you could set up a differential equation.

If the CO2 were introduced at the bottom and the container vented at the top, then the gases wouldn't mix much. CO2, being heavier than air would fill from the bottom with only a little mixing. I don't know how to model the small amount of mixing that would occur.

Comment

The gasses wouldn't mix well if CO2 were carried in at the base and the tanks were lowered at the top. CO2 will cover the bottom with only a little mixing, being thicker than air. I don't know how to model the limited quantity of the combination.
      Last edited by Robert Fogt; 10-13-2020, 03:49 PM. Reason: Removed new user link

Comment

Working...
      X