acreage calculation help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acreage calculation help needed

I am new to the postings and am looking for assistance to calculate the amount of acres based on the dead information that I have. I wasn't sure how to use the calculator correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated and this is the outline of lot # 8.
    Begging at the iron pipe at the the south side of "a street", so-called northeast corner of lot #9 thence south 16 degrees west, 266.2 feet along lot #9 to an iron pipe at the southwest corner of lot #9;thence north 75 degrees 35 feet west 219.2 to an iron pipe at the southeast corner of lot #7; thence north 16 degrees east;256 feet along said lot no 7; to an iron pipe on the south side of "a street" at the northeast corner of lot 7: thence running easterly 220 feet, more or less, along side of said "a street" to the point of the begging. This is the meaning intending to convey lot # 8 as set fourth on the plan surveyed.

Originally posted by kellehef View Post
    I am new to the postings and am looking for assistance to calculate the amount of acres based on the dead information that I have. I wasn't sure how to use the calculator correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated and this is the outline of lot # 8.
    Begging at the iron pipe at the the south side of "a street", so-called northeast corner of lot #9 thence south 16 degrees west, 266.2 feet along lot #9 to an iron pipe at the southwest corner of lot #9;thence north 75 degrees 35 feet west 219.2 to an iron pipe at the southeast corner of lot #7; thence north 16 degrees east;256 feet along said lot no 7; to an iron pipe on the south side of "a street" at the northeast corner of lot 7: thence running easterly 220 feet, more or less, along side of said "a street" to the point of the begging. This is the meaning intending to convey lot # 8 as set fourth on the plan surveyed.
    The bearing is not specified along the street so it is not possible to check the accuracy of closure. However, our traverse calculator gives 219.7' for length which fits with 220', more or less. The area is 57211 ft², about 1.3 acres.

Our traverse calculator requires compass bearings, 0 - 360°, not the quadrantal angles used by surveyors. S 16° W becomes 196°, N 16° E becomes 016° and N 75°35' W becomes 281°25' (subtract the angle from 360°). By the way the ' (prime) is used for arcminutes in angles and for feet in length, a bit confusing. also 281°25' has to be entered in our traverse calculator as 281/25. It can't recognize ° ' " and uses the slash to separate the elements of the angle. So your data would be entered (length, angle) as
    266.2 196
    219.2 281/25
    256 16

Without an angle the fourth side can't be entered but the calculator forces closure and gives a length of 219.7 close to 220.

Comment

Working...
    X