Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mg/ml to uM and then serial dilutions

I need help with a conversion.
    I have a 4mL vial of azacitidine that is 25mg/mL. I need to convert this to serial dilutions of 0.25uM, 0.5uM, 1uM and 2uM. The molar mass of azacitidine is 244.

I’m not even sure where to start. Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by Agib View Post
    I need help with a conversion.
    I have a 4mL vial of azacitidine that is 25mg/mL. I need to convert this to serial dilutions of 0.25uM, 0.5uM, 1uM and 2uM. The molar mass of azacitidine is 244.

I’m not even sure where to start. Any help appreciated.
    The place to start is to express what you have in the units you want. Molarity (M) is shorthand for a concentration in moles per liter. Your solution is 25 g/L and molar mass 244 g/mol. Your starting stock is 25/244 mol/L or 0.10246 M (102 460 然). In theory you could measure out any convenient volume of your stock and dilute it to 51 230 times that volume to make 2 然 solution. You could make enough for dilution to your other volumes.

That is likely impractical to do in one step. 51230 factors into 218*235, so you might measure out a small volume you can measure accurately, dilute to 218 times that volume, again measure out a small quantity of that immediate stock and dilute to 235 times the volume. You will then have 2 然 stock. Make enough for the dilutions to the other values. Measure out amounts of the 2 然 stock and dilute to 8, 4 and 2 times those volumes for the 0.25, 0.5, and 1.0 然 vials.

Comment

Working...
    X