height conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• height conversion

How do I convert 5 feet 3 inches? Can it be done directly? Or do I have to first convert the feet, jot down the centimeters, then the inches, and make my addition?
    Thanks to anyone who answers this.

It's not possible to directly convert mixed measurement units. I don't even know what that would look like.
    Proper solutions are:
    • Convert the feet to inches, and add to the remaining inches and convert into cm.
    • Convert the inches to feet and add to the remaining feet and convert into cm.
    • Or convert the feet to cm, convert the inches to cm, and add the two together

Comment

Thanks. Thought so.
      I'm sure it can be fixed though - if someone puts his mind to it.

Comment

Well, the website "Rapid Tables" does it.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/...nch-to-cm.html

I suppose Online Conversion could do it as well and offer it somehow to users.

Comment

We have a page for that here:
          https://www.onlineconversion.com/int...al_friends.htm

It will do basic height, weight, temperature, etc.

Comment

Great, thanks. It's useful.
            Regards

Comment

I checked out that site and the code there is doing the first option I provided. It converts feet to inches, then adds the inches, and then converts inches to centimeters.

Comment

چیزهایی که باید بدانید:
                30.48 سانتی متر 1 فوت
                2.54 سانتی متر 1 اینچ
                1 فوت 12 اینچ
                مثلا فرض کنید که می خواهید 5 فوت و 3 اینچ را به سانتی متر درآورید. با توجه به توضیحات بالا، به سادگی از این فرمول استفاده می کنید:
                (5 ′ x 12) + 3 ″ = 63 ″
                ۶۳″ x 2.54 = 160 cm

Last edited by Alvin; 05-14-2021, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I don't read Persian, although it's a beautiful script I would suggest refraining from using a language other than English unless someone specifically asked for help in that language. I don't know how math equations are done in RtL languages like Persian, but an opinion about your math: Parentheses are usually used to denote an equation that needs to be done first. If Persian does their equations LtR putting 5x12 in parentheses is redundant, additionally BODMAS, or PEMDAS also makes this parenthesization redundant even if Persian equations are done RtL

Comment

Working...
                  X