lp-PLA2 U/L to ng/mL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lp-PLA2 U/L to ng/mL

I recently tested my "Lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2" (lp-PLA2) value, and the lab gave me the result measured in U/l. The result was 536. I take it that "l" stands for "liter", but I'm not quite sure what "U" stands for.

According to this website, which I found by googling "what is U/l", "U" is an arbitrary amount that depends on the context in which it is used.

How can I convert "536 U/l" to "ng/mL"? All optimal intervals for lp-PLA2 that I found on the Internet use "ng/mL".

Originally posted by paulrberg View Post
    I recently tested my "Lipoprotein associated phospholipase A2" (lp-PLA2) value, and the lab gave me the result measured in U/l. The result was 536. I take it that "l" stands for "liter", but I'm not quite sure what "U" stands for.

According to this website, which I found by googling "what is U/l", "U" is an arbitrary amount that depends on the context in which it is used.

How can I convert "536 U/l" to "ng/mL"? All optimal intervals for lp-PLA2 that I found on the Internet use "ng/mL".
    U stands for units and IU for International Units. These are some agreed on national or international standard of activity for a given chemical. The problem isthat they are different for every substance and it is hard to find the agreed on values in SI quantities for most of them. Sorry I can't offer more help.

Comment

Working...
    X