• Show
Clear All

• Converting g/Hl to Kg/Ha (Hectare)

Hi everyone,

I work in the Agriculture/Fertilizer/ Plant Bio-stimulant/PGR industry,
    I often see Instruction on product labels that reads:

Foliar Application: 50-80 g/ Hl
    Soil Application : 3-5 Kg/ Ha

I am very confused as to the reason for using two different unit (g/Hl & Kg/Ha),
    and would like to know, if it is possible to convert g/Hl to Kg/Ha in general ?

Thank in advance,

Maggie

Originally posted by msychien View Post
    Hi everyone,

I work in the Agriculture/Fertilizer/ Plant Bio-stimulant/PGR industry,
    I often see Instruction on product labels that reads:

Foliar Application: 50-80 g/ Hl
    Soil Application : 3-5 Kg/ Ha

I am very confused as to the reason for using two different unit (g/Hl & Kg/Ha),
    and would like to know, if it is possible to convert g/Hl to Kg/Ha in general ?

Thank in advance,

Maggie
    Probably not.

First, I am not completely sure because of your notation. Case is important in metric unit symbols and prefixes. I believe in the first case that you mean 50 - 80 grams per hectoliter (g/hL). That is a concentration, but doesn't explain what volume of liquid should be applied to a plant or a field of plants. It explains how to mix a water solution to spray on plants, mix 50 to 80 g of product in 1 hL (100 L) of water. When used this way, it is absorbed primarily through the leaves, and you would try to focus on the plants and not spray the ground between plants,

The second appears to mean 3 - 5 kilograms per hectare (kg/ha) as a granular application to a field of plants. This would normally be uniformly broadcast on the ground and absorbed through the roots.

Given the two methods of absorption, I don't know if I can establish an equivalence; it may be invalid as far as effectiveness. Mathematically, if I wanted to apply 4.2 kg/ha as a water spray mixed 60 g/hL, I would estimate the amount of spray to prepare by noting that 4200 g/60 g = 70, so I would prepare 70 hL of water with 4.2 kg of the product and spray over 1 ha. That is at least an estimate of how much spray to prepare, but someone with more agricultural knowledge than I have would have to judge whether it is equally effective compared to granular broadcast. If the two methods have different effectiveness, that would have to be taken into account.

Comment

Working...
    X