Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of SCFM to Kg/s

Hello Dear Colleagues,

Please I would like to know how to convert the air mass flow rate of 0.0294 Kg/s to SCFM. And also to convert kerosene mass flow rate of 0.00168 Kg/s to SCFM.

I am new in this forum and I hope this request will be attended to as soon as possible.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Originally posted by raphael View Post
    Hello Dear Colleagues,

Please I would like to know how to convert the air mass flow rate of 0.0294 Kg/s to SCFM. And also to convert kerosene mass flow rate of 0.00168 Kg/s to SCFM.

I am new in this forum and I hope this request will be attended to as soon as possible.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    There are multiple definitions of standard cubic foot (based on different reference temperatures) in different industries. At what temperature are you defining SCF.
    0.0294 kg/s is 1.764 kg/min or 3.889 lb/min using 60 s/min and 0.453 592 37 kg/lb.
    Now you need air density at 1 atm, and a clearly stated reference temperature. At 70 F, 0.074887 lb/ft, so 51.93 ft/min, but other definitions of standard cubic foot at different temperatures exist.

Is the kerosene in a liquid or gaseous state? You need its density to convert, and that will depend on temperature considered "standard."

Combustion normally considers mass ratios and gas volumes vary so much with temperature and pressure

Comment

Working...
    X