How to convert μg/g to mmol/mol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert μg/g to mmol/mol

Please can someone tell me how to convert from μg/g to mmol/mol.

Thank you.

You need to know the molar masses, in grams per mole, of the substances in the numerator and denominator. Divide by the molar masses to convert each mass to molar amounts of substance. The molar mass is a number of grams numerically equal to the atmic weight or molecular weight of the substance.

Comment

Thank you for the help.

Just to check if my calculations are correct:

If I have 50.45 μg/g of Ba/Ca

To get to mmol/mol, would I just divide by 177.405 g/mol (Molar Mass of BaCa).

Would this then give me 0.28 μmol/mol?

How would I then get it to mmol/mol?

Sorry for my confusion, I am not good at calculations

Comment

Originally posted by Marine View Post
        Thank you for the help.

Just to check if my calculations are correct:

If I have 50.45 μg/g of Ba/Ca

To get to mmol/mol, would I just divide by 177.405 g/mol (Molar Mass of BaCa).

Would this then give me 0.28 μmol/mol?

How would I then get it to mmol/mol?

Sorry for my confusion, I am not good at calculations
        g/g is a ratio of two things. If I understand your notation you have a mass ratio of Barium to Calcium and want a molar ratio.
        Starting with 50.45 g barium to 1 g of calcium, you have to convert both based on atomic weights of Ba and Ca.

(50.45 g Ba x 1 mol/137.33 g) / (1 g Ca x 1 mol/40.078 g) = (0.36736 mol Ba)/ (0.024951 mol Ca) = 14.72 mol/mol.

Once you see the process you can take 50.45 g/g x 40.078/137.33,getting the same number, but you need to be sure which element mass you are dividing by its correct atomic mass.

Comment

Working...
        X