Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcg/L to ug/g

I had my aluminum level tested first by my hair and it was at
    45 ug/g. After I detoxed for 2 months I retested with my blood and it was 4 mcg/l. I’m trying to figure out how different the measurements are and how much it would have dropped from the 45 ug/g.

Originally posted by Charla7 View Post
    I had my aluminum level tested first by my hair and it was at
    45 ug/g. After I detoxed for 2 months I retested with my blood and it was 4 mcg/l. I’m trying to figure out how different the measurements are and how much it would have dropped from the 45 ug/g.
    The American medical profession often uses the abbreviation mcg instead of the proper symbol g for microgram. In the 2ns measurement, mcg/l is the same thing as g/l. You need to convert the volume in the denominator to a mass. For water and dilute water solutions, you can assume 1 liter = 1 kg. I assume this is measured in blood, and the density is perhaps 1.06 kg so
    4 g/L x 1 L/1.06 kg is about 3.8 g/kg or 3.8 ng/g.

However, when is a hair test and one is a blood test. We know conversions here but none of us have medical knowledge. I do not know how comparable blood and hair concentrations are. You need to discuss this with your doctor if it is a concern. Or, you may wish to do a new hair test, as those results would be more comparable (be sure new growth is tested if you do this).

Comment

Working...
    X