This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder and bulk densities

I've posted this link in various threads, but it deserves to be a resource.
    http://www.powderandbulk.com/resourc...ty_chart_a.htm

Link above is for the A's. There is a page for each letter of the alphabet. It generally does not give true particle density (if it does, it is in the specific gravity column, but that's mostly blank). It gives the density of material in lump or powder form, in both metric and "english" units.

It seems to be a good source for industrial materials supplied in such a form. For foodstuffs and cooking, I think I prefer the USDA link also posted in this subforum. As is common with bulk densities, if you find figures from different sources, there is some disagreement in value. Powders vary.

Re: Powder and bulk densities

The bulk density of a powder is the weight of the powder divided by the volume ... The weight of the powder indicates “tapped powder bulk density” (100x). ...

Comment

oh yes, The weight of the powder indicates “tapped powder bulk density” (100x). ...
      Last edited by justin.nc; 04-21-2011, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Cannot find the bulk density of Cesium Chloride & Laetrile powder…….any suggestions/recommendations?

Comment

Dirt and rock densities

Does anyone know where to find the densities that Robert said he had from Reade in this thread: forum/forum_1113869717.htm

Sorry for the strange link. Can't post links yet. You need to put www[dot]onlineconversion[dotcom] before that to view.

I went to Reade.com, but I can't seem to find the data. Great site though.

Comment

Re: Dirt and rock densities

This is probably what you are looking for:
            http://www.reade.com/Particle_Briefings/spec_gra2.html

Comment

The bulk density of a powder is the weight of the powder divided by the volume

Comment

i cant open link you provide

Comment

Link issue. Not opening

Comment

I will put some effort into this and find where they moved the information. Links will be updated.

Comment

Links come and go and the original link was 10 years old. This seems to be similar and is a pdf file you can download:
                      http://www.anval.net/downloads/bulk%...ty%20chart.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X